Fill out the application form (download here).
Include two reference letters from people familiar with your work and/or the services you provide to the community.
Include project overview, maximum 100 words, answering the following questions and providing any other information you feel would be helpful:
- Describe your idea in one overview sentence, then expand in detail. What is it and how will it work?
- How will it benefit kids? How many kids? In what neighbourhoods?
- What is your timeframe for implementation of the project?
- Is a project/service like this already being offered in our area?
- Why should we choose YOUR application to be one of our finalists?
Please provide a project budget in sufficient detail for us to evaluate how you will use the money. Please use the attached form, or a similar format, to summarize your project budget. (download here)
If desired, include photos, drawings and/or a video (maximum three minutes) - from kids or grownups.
Send your package by October 20th to:
c/o The Hamilton Spectator
44 Frid Street
Or e-mail it to:
Note: Select applicants may be required to do an in-person presentation to the committee. For full rules and regulations click here.